Do I need to know a lot of technical info before contacting?
Not at all. We don’t expect everyone to know exactly what they want or need before contacting us. We’ll explain the different types of web and print design services we offer and help you decide what will work best for your individual needs and goals. Whether you know precisely what you’d like, or want to weigh the options, we’re here to help.
Do you provide tech support?
We will be happy to provide technical support for any issues that arise with the html/css code and/or graphics on your website within 10 days of the delivery.
How long does it take to complete a website?
On average, our websites can take 4 – 8 weeks to complete. However, timeframes really depend on the size and complexity of the project. We work with you, and we need feedback and content from you as we progress. Creating a memorable website, takes a bit more time than most on the look and feel of the design. We’re all about quality, not quantity.
What about your Book Covers ?
WE OFFER TWO KINDS OF CUSTOM COVERS and optional add-ons to complete your ideal cover:
✦ FRONT COVER ✦ Perfect for eBook and digital copies – What you’ll get:
- One high resolution file (2837×4246 pixels) at 300dpi in JPEG
- Amazon resolution files (1600x2560px / RGB / 300dpi) in JPEG and PDF formats.
- Wider eBook resolution files (1920×2560 px / RGB / 300dpi) in JPEG and PDF formats.
- Two smaller files (750x1000px and 1875×2500 / RGB / 72dpi) to be used as ePub metadata in JPEG format.
- One free 3D mockup (approx. 1500x1000px / RGB / 300dpi) to be used as promotional image in JPEG format.
✦ FULL COVER ✦ Print + eBook – What you’ll get:
- Printable copies of the covers (Front, Back and Spine) with trim and crop marks (custom dimensions), in JPEG and PDF formats, both in CMYK and RGB color models.
- All of the above for your eBook version.
✦ ADD-ONS FOR YOUR BOOK COVER ✦
- 3 PART SERIES: If you’re planning a trilogy, you can order all three novels up front and I will design a matching cover for your compendium. The compendium cover will be similar to the rest of the series. This is for front cover only designs. If you are interested to have a 3 PART SERIES for Full Cover design, please contact me to provide you with a discounted quote.
- FACEBOOK COVER & TEASER: Add this on to any package. Please note that if you add this to the “3 part series” you will be ordering the package for each cover, including the compendium cover. Cost: +30€ per cover.
- BOOK INTERIOR DESIGN & FORMATTING (Print) – Includes Front Matter, Back Matter, Table of Contents, Pagination, etc. Cost: +390€ for books up to 250 pages. For more pages add +55€ for every 50 pages. In the cost are included the add of up to 15 photos/images. For bigger amount please let us know in the Extra Comments of the Book Cover Form.
▐ HOW IT WORKS▐
1. Two concept design drafts based on your request, and up to 3 rounds of revisions in the selected draft.
2. Once the draft is approved, I’ll start working your book cover in high resolution. You will be also informed for any free or paid stock images used in your Cover and you’ll requested to purchase the paid ones. Most of the times 1 to maximum 3 paid stock images are used, unless client indicates different and request more. During that phase you will still be able to ask for minor changes (such as element position, color or font changes). However, your requests will need to adhere to the approved draft. If you change your mind about the overall design, extra fees will be charged according to how much time we will need to re-do the job.
▐ TERMS AND CONDITIONS▐
- Custom-designed covers take up to 10-15 working days to be delivered, after we begin working on them, depending also on the regular feedback of the client and the round of revisions that will be requested.
- The client agrees that they have no right to alter the completed design in any way.
- WeirdTalesDesigns will not provide the client with PSD source files, unless upon a prior special agreement.
- All fonts used on our book covers are premium fonts, licensed for commercial purposes.
- WeirdTalesDesigns reserves the right to use all rejected draft designs for any commercial or promotional purpose.
▐ IMAGE USAGE (STOCK PHOTOS)▐ Most of the Royalty Free images used on your book cover design sourced from Shutterstock.com. The cost of your cover design includes the rights to use these images and is limited to a print-run of 250,000 units, or sales in the case of ebooks For unlimited usage, an additional fee is required (extended license). For more information on the licensing of images, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com/licensing.mhtml. Should you wish to purchase the unlimited usage rights at the time of ordering, or at any point in future, please let us know.
If you have an image you’d like us to include on your custom cover design, it can be used as long as it’s in high resolution (300dpi / 2081×1400 pixel at least) and let us know if you have the license to use it for commercial purposes.
▐ CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES▐ When you’re buying full wrap printable covers, please keep in mind that you should ask for a proof copy of your cover from your printer before putting your book for sale to check the colors, paper quality and such. WeirdTalesDesigns will not be financially or legally responsible for any mistakes your printing service might make.
The client must provide the final size for their print cover, including trim size and final page count. For best results, have your printing service provide us with a template. PLEASE NOTE that due to various monitors and printers, colors may vary when printed out.
If you’re publishing your book through Amazon (or similar sites), just tell us the exact page count (including authors notes, table of contents or any other information you put before and after your story) and the format you chose (such us 6×9″).
We cannot take responsibility if any of the information supplied by the client is incorrect.
▐ REFUNDS▐ Cancellation window for all orders is within 3 hours. In that case you’ll be fully refunded. All sales are final once we begin your design.
▐ ATTRIBUTION▐ Crediting is mandatory. Client can choose to add one of the two following credits: “Cover design by WeirdTales Designs” –OR- “Cover design by Val Frimon”.
Can I get the layered PSD files for my template?
We do not ever release layered PSD or any other layered/original design files with your purchase or otherwise, unless there is a special arrangement prior purchase.
I have images, but they are not really suitable, can you help make them look professional?
Sure, we can prepare your images for you for an additional 10€ / image.
Can you incorporate a logo I already have into my new site?
Absolutely! We can add your logo to your header. We do, however, have to respect copyrights, so if you want us to alter your logo in any way, you first need the permission of the person who designed it for you.
Can I get my custom order rushed to avoid the queue wait?
You may rush your order for a fee of 35% of your total order. Please contact us prior purchase to ensure the availability at the specific period. Rush orders will be started on within 2 days of payment.
Do you offer a discount to returning customers?
We offer a 10% off discount to returning custom customers. Once your custom design is complete, you will receive by email a 10% off coupon that can be applied to any future premade, custom, or add-on order. Please save the coupon to your computer as it will need to be uploaded to the order form when you place your order.
Will I lose anything on my blog by having a blog makeover?
No. Your posts and sidebar information (text, links, gadgets, music, etc) will remain the same, only the look of your blog will change. In some cases, the formatting of the text in the post changes. You will be able to post and add information to the sidebar(s) as usual. It is however strongly suggested that you save a back-up of your blog just in case something should go wrong. For enormous amount of contents that needs to be incorporated to your new template, there is an additional working-fee of 85€